Pet Services FAQS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Waggy Walkys Lockbox Policy
At Waggy Walky’s we highly recommend clients* to utilize a key storage lockbox to access your home. Lockboxes offer the most convenient and secure way to provide quality services to our clients.
*Please note: Clients that already have key-less entry systems in place or live in apartment buildings where concierges can assist the pet sitter in entering your home will not require a lockbox.
The advantages of a Lockbox:
- Keys remain safely at your home, and not in the hands of your pet sitter. A secure lock box provides you with peace of mind.
- In the event of an emergency or last minute dog walking request, our pet care specialists will have immediate access to your home.
- Whenever you move, you can take the lock box with you.
- The ability to change your lock box code whenever you need.
- Lock boxes are designed to withstand the harshest of elements and theft.
All staff are required to use MANDATORY safety lanyards (500 lb test) on all walks. This attaches the leash handle(s) to the staff\’s waist via a secure and field tested method. We train our staff on how to install and use these devices on the walk. If a staff falls due to ice or slippery outdoor surface, or loses control of the leash handle for any reason, the leash(s) will be attached to the lanyard. We also have strict protocols for safety in our handbook regarding safety methods for walking dogs, since 2002.
In the event of an after-hours emergency, please call 1-877-281-5224 (emergency line) or call main number(s) and say it is an “emergency”.
- Calling the emergency line should only be used in critical situations. This line dispatches to managers during their off-hours.
- Note scheduling adjustments are generally NOT emergencies.
- If the situation is life or death please contact your local vet or 911.
In addition, you may call any of our phone lines and specifically tell the operator, “This is an emergency.” The operator will then text and call all managers’ cell phones for rapid assistance and guidance from management.
We accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover and have secure, manual or automated (with recurring option), paperless billing. We are a green company!
Benefits of Using a Professional Pet Sitting Company
Using a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and pet parents. Many people wonder what the term “Pet Sitter” actually means. Pet sitter is just a synonym for someone who is employed to care for another’s pets. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again.
Benefits to your pets:
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- General Liability Insurance coverage for all pets under our care
- Back up staff and a “No Pet Left Behind” culture within our company
- Maintaining a vet authorization form on file which facilitates rapid medical treatment during a pet illness or emergency, when required
- Having a professional pet care specialist and management team responsible for all pets in case of an emergency
- In-house developed Safety Lanyards in use for every dog walk that prevents a dog from ever escaping a leash hold/grip
- Many years of empirically based experience from which we base our safety policies and customer service protocols around
- A professional pet sitter is an extra set of eyes and ears to help ensure good pet health
Benefits for the pet parent:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands by a pre-screened, trained and vetted individual
- We pride ourselves in always being there for our clients and we have a well built back up system
- All of our pet sitters are experienced, trained, fully insured and bonded, and must pass a 50 state background check
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet at a caged facility that is constantly loud, stressful and often times unsanitary
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- We offer auto billing for our customers
- Double redundancy measures in place to make sure your pet visits never get missed
- Online scheduler to keep track of your visits and upcoming schedules
- E-mailed schedule confirmations and status updates to clients and staff
- A Management team who work 7 days a week to make sure our customers are well cared for
Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved animal. We do not recommend hiring (unvetted and uninsured) freelancers, new businesses that have only been around a few years or “the kid down the street”. We say this because usually their level of standards and expertise will not hold to the same level of professionalism, safety polices and customer service you will experience with us. Not only are we fully Insured and Bonded but we are members of NAPPS (National Association of Professional Pet Sitters) , PSI (Pet Sitters International) and offer competitive rates. Contact us today!